Well!!!
Here I go
with the same veggie- Spinach with a twist – TRICOLOUR RAITA
This time I
have tried growing spinach in a pot full of coco peat (readily available) and
some vermi-compost. I was forced to do this as, its rainy season, and small
delicate, tender, young spinach seedlings and leaves cannot withstand the rain.
And it is working!!! In fact now I am cribbing I should have potted spinach in
a couple of more pots! Never mind—next time.
I mentioned
last time about uprooting the plants—Now, I have learnt, just snipped the young
tender leaves for my Spinach Raita. Here goes the recipe – forgive me for not giving
this in an organized manner. I believe that- salads, raitas are from the heart
and proportions, ingredients don’t really matter—until we stick to the basics!!
![]() |
| Spinach,Basil |
Have some
fresh tender spinach leaves with stems.
Soak some dates ( for 20 mins), chop
then bite size. Mix in a bowl some curd (fresh -- not—never sour), salt, sugar,
pinch of black pepper. Give a try – add some cream (if you can do a sin of few
calories). Else just forget it.
Add spinach
and chopped dates. While mixing, take care, let tenderness of leaves remain. If
you have herbs, fresh basil works good.
![]() |
| curd,basil,pepper |
Add a tricolor twist to Raita – add some grated carrot /pieces of sweet orange / my
personal favorite- pomegranate seeds. Chill this raita before serving.
Enjoy....
![]() |
| Tricolour Raita |



No comments:
Post a Comment